I suggest you...

Ability to text candidates from CATS

Many times we need to text our candidates and would like to be able to do this from CATS (and ideally have this logged as an activity).

186 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PJ CunninghamPJ Cunningham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh MasseyJosh Massey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excuse my candid language...but the data is showing that this is now a way more effective platform.

• Josh MasseyJosh Massey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This NEEDS to be done. Before we need to find another platform that does it, this would be the way to get a leg up 100%. Text is quickly becoming the main shit.

• Jason WicklineJason Wickline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just posted a request to have CATS look into an integration with RingCentral. I've used them for years as my VOIP and SMS provider and they have a current integration with PCRecruiter. Click-to-call, click-to-SMS, automatic logging of both, screen pop on inbound calls, etc. Might be a good solution to this popular request, as well.

• Matthew ReavesMatthew Reaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SMS is a great feature request. I realize that there are many SMS formats globally and it will be hard to keep outgoing and incoming messages but I would vote to have it part of the roadmap of coming features.

• Andrew Milton-ThompsonAndrew Milton-Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming an important feature, and offered by other ATS in Europe, as well as connecting with Whatsapp etc. But text/ SMS would be the most valuable.

• Steve ValtinSteve Valtin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to connect an application named Twilio and connect it via Zapier/Webhooks to Catsone. This gives me the ability to create custom texts and send them to the applicant when I activate a status.

• Erik FoxErik Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kevin, great tip on MightyText. Half of my recruiters (the half that have Android phones) are using it and love it!

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do this a lot BUT the unless CATS can connect it to my phone so I get the response by text it would not be helpful. I use Mighty Text A LOT because it pops up on my computer AND phone and just record it in my database. Again trust me when I say it would be frustrating for a candidates to no be able to respond back or you not getting the response back in time. BTW, I use the free version of Mighty Text.

• Kevin WhiteKevin White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea, but in the meantime try MightyText as a way to quickly text from your computer. Works great for me. But I like the idea of recording the text to a candidate's activity log / list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base