Search Everything in CATS allows you to search all your records at once. With Google Chrome's built-in features, you can configure your address bar ("omnibox") to use Search Everything from CATS even if you're not in it at that time. Here's how to set it up.
Now that you've set that up, you can click in your Chrome search/address bar and type cs to tell it you want to search CATS. Press the space bar after entering cs and you'll see Search CATS: appear in the bar. You can now enter your search and press enter on your keyboard to see the results in CATS. You'll need to be signed into CATS in order to be taken to your results page.
- Make sure you're using Google Chrome.
- Open the settings page by clicking the three bars icon on the top right corner and choosing Settings.
- Click on the Manage search engines button under the Search heading.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the resulting window till you see three empty fields where you can type.
- In the first field, title the search function. I used CATS but you can enter anything you'd like.
- In the second field, where it says Keyword, enter cs. This is the letter combination that will be used in the address bar to tell Chrome you want to search your CATS system.
- In the final field, where is says URL... enter the following but make sure you replace companyID with your CATS company ID:
- Click Done.